Review: John Green's Novel



Assalamualaikum...

Yeah, I guess this is my second time to write a review/feedback about something that I've seen, watched, heard, read or whatev. Yang first time tu waktu aku tengok cerita Brave.

Well, i'm not good to indicate my own opinions or feedback. But I try lah.

"The Fault In Our Stars" written by John Green. 

I've finished reading the book. And I FEEL AMAZINGLY EMOTIONAL. Ya Allah. The novel is wonderful and interesting gila. Seriously. I think every 16 year-old Malaysian people should read this book 'cuz I also want them to feel the same way as I feel and I don't how to describe these feelings. Every word Mr. Green had written burns my chest and corrodes my heart to yield the sense of delight and grieve. 

The story was about Hazel Grace who is diagnosed with lung cancer. And then she met a gorgeous plot twist name Augustus Waters-who is diagnosed with a bone cancer- who suddenly appears at The Support Group and Hazel's story is completely to be about rewritten. 


Hazel Grace Lancaster. Her lung is sucks at being lungs. 
You have my pitty, Hazael Grace.

Augustus Waters. This picture is as precise as I imagined when I read the book. 
He likes to put a cigar in his mouth without lighting it. Here's how it works:
"They don't kill you unless you light them. And i've never lit one. It's a metaphor,see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth but you don't give it power to do its killing "- Augustus Waters.


The story is unique 'cuz it's a love story. Two young strangers met together and after that they had fall in love. <3  Grammar, vocabs and words dalam novel ni memang hardcore. Kalau nak betul2 faham story dia you must have the commitment to understand it by look up on the meaning of the words. 

How I react: It doesn't make me cry (tapi rasa macam nak nangis). If it doesn't make me cry it makes me think and laugh. And I fell in love with myself and the author who barely knew my existence even more! Such a brilliant read and the critics was right.

On top of that, diorang kata they're going to make a movie out of it. Oooohhhh MyyYyyy Glaaabbb. The movie will be released in June dekat America. Hopefully the movie will be screened in Malaysia as soon as possible 'cuz I'm dying to see them in real life. :D

I'm planning to re-read the book over again and looking forward to buy another Green's book. Either "Will Grayson Will Grayson" or "The Abundance Of Katherine". :)


No comments:

Post a Comment